Sr Manager Product Design
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston office, or a hybrid option.
About the role
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Product Design Manager to spearhead a team of designers dedicated to driving innovation across our New Product space, encompassing Positive Behavior, Family Engagement, and College & Career Readiness. In this role, you will thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, where adaptability and flexibility are paramount. As a member of our design leadership team, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the future direction of our team, making a meaningful impact on our organization's growth.
You’ll support your team in delivering innovative solutions to challenging problems that educators are facing and help effect change toward better, more equitable outcomes in K–12. You’ll partner closely with cross-functional leads on creative ways to meet needs, make trade-offs, and ensure our products are valuable, usable, and delightful.
- Lead and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and mentorship to achieve high quality outcomes.
- Build strong partnerships with Product, Engineering and other cross-functional partners to drive design vision and strategy across multiple product lines, balancing user needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a proactive approach by supporting your team in identifying, understanding, and solving complex problems to effectively address our users' needs, while readily embracing hands-on work whenever necessary.
- Navigate ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing competing priorities and adapting to evolving project requirements.
- Cultivate a thriving culture where designers are inspired, feel a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, and are motivated to grow in their careers.
- Improve existing and implement new processes and systems to support our quickly growing design team.
- Continuously build your knowledge of K–12 education in order to more deeply understand the needs and challenges of our users: teachers, counselors, principals, and district leaders.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years experience in product design, with a proven track record of leading successful design initiatives and delivering high-quality user experiences.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role managing and supporting designers.
- Proven experience in managing projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability in the face of ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Strong design craft, as demonstrated by deep knowledge of complex information architecture, interaction design, and visual design principles.
- Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly, and inclusively, in a way that generates enthusiasm and invites feedback and engagement, with exceptional listening skills.
- A portfolio showcasing your design expertise and thought process, highlighting your ability to tackle complex problems and deliver innovative solutions.
- BONUS POINTS: Experience working in Education, EdTech, B2B SaaS products.
About the Design Team
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe that this diversity of experiences leads to better product design and therefore better outcomes for the students we serve.
Base Salary: $159,000 to $212,000
The “Base Salary” range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position across all US locations. The determination of this anticipated Base Salary range involves the consideration of many factors in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: unique skill sets, experience, training, performance, licensure and certifications, as well as other business and organizational needs. Our anticipated Base Salary determination is just one component of Panorama’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual bonus or commission awards, equity awards, as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.