Head of Field Sales
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston office, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced sales leader to play a critical role in leading our national field sales team. As Head of Field Sales, you will report to the SVP of Sales and Account Management and lead a team of 10+, consisting of Field Sales Managers and Regional Sales Directors (field sales reps, RSDs) responsible for closing new business and expansion. You will set the vision and carry out the plan for the team to hit and exceed quarterly quotas by forecasting accurately, coaching intentionally, and adjusting and refining sales processes and strategy.
You will support your managers through coaching and career development and when needed, you will join managers and RSDs for virtual and in-person meetings to co-present and facilitate. As Panorama continues to grow, you will play a big part in driving successful hiring and onboarding on the Field Sales Team..
You will be a member of our Revenue Team Leadership, and work collaboratively with your peers to define and deliver improvements across all areas of sales strategy. You will also help develop strategy for the broader Revenue team, working closely with Marketing and Account Management leaders to support growth initiatives and territory strategy.
- Carry a Field Sales Team yearly quota of $10-16 million
- Lead revenue strategy for quarterly revenue performance for the Field Sales Team
- Support pipeline generation, committed pipeline and revenue booked
- Provide continuous support to Field Sales Managers by holding weekly 1x1s and weekly pipeline meetings
- Assist Field Sales Managers in designing and presenting weekly meetings to RSDs that support the team’s growth and success
- Collaborate cross-functionally on high-level marketing strategy to support territory growth, conference selection, staffing and strategy, and on the hand-off from sales to the client experience team
- Advocate for critical product updates, delivery needs, and client success support for key deals
- Maintain activity and opportunity management expectations and accountability
- Act as a partner in winning RFPs and as key support on anchor deals
- Travel to priority meetings as needed
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of SaaS strategic sales management experience and proven ability to support high performing teams to meet and exceed goals
- 5+ years experience as a top performer in SaaS sales
- Ability to travel 25-50% to meet with prospective clients
- A consultative mindset and ambition to deliver and exceed revenue goals
- Enterprise sales and leadership experience
- Proficiency using Salesforce and other sales tools to develop revenue strategy
Even Better if You Have:
- Experience working in K-12 educational technology, K-12 education, or both!
- Experience using call recording software as a coaching tool (Chorus, Gong, or similar)
Base Salary: $180,000 with on target earnings of $300,000
The “Base Salary” range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position across all US locations. The determination of this anticipated Base Salary range involves the consideration of many factors in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: unique skill sets, experience, training, performance, licensure and certifications, as well as other business and organizational needs. Our anticipated Base Salary determination is just one component of Panorama’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual bonus or commission awards, equity awards, as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.