Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston office, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
As an Account Manager, you play a central role on the Account Management team, as you are responsible for renewing accounts and helping drive revenue growth across your portfolio. Your primary responsibilities include retaining business, sourcing, and closing upsell opportunities and developing relationships with district leaders in districts with up to 5,000 students in an assigned territory. You will work closely with client buyers and decision-makers including superintendents of school districts and leaders of charter management organizations to ensure that Panorama’s value is being articulated, ultimately leading to successful retention and growth across your accounts.
- Contribute to Panorama’s excellent renewal rate by owning renewals across a portfolio of up to 150 partner districts (including renewals tied to school board approvals and disparate funding sources). This entails understanding budget cycles and contract options preferred by our clients, including the structure of license fees and timing of renewals.
- Increase footprint and business with existing clients, discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panorama’s business.
- Develop account plans for key accounts and monitor overall account health across your portfolio, intervening and creating/implementing strategies when an account displays signs of risk.
- Collaborate closely with project leads to provide outstanding relationship management and function as a thought partner to our clients.
- Triage technical client requests to the appropriate internal team to ensure clients are getting the best experience using our platform.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 2+ years of experience in renewal-oriented account management with a large portfolio (100+ accounts); demonstrated track record of renewing accounts, negotiating contracts, upselling accounts, exceeding goals, and building client relationships.
- Proven ability at leading strategy for client health interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize accounts with competing priorities, such as client requests, upcoming renewals, and project deadlines and balance internal work streams alongside client needs
- Experience creatively mitigating client objections to renewal and reinforcing value add by listening to client needs and providing solutions.
- Ability to develop relationships with district leadership (Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, eg).
- Ability to work cross-functionally with project management and sales teams to retain business and drive expansion.
- Strong interest in supporting technology for K-12 education with a commitment to using data to improve student outcomes, particularly addressing issues of equity and access
Base Salary: $92,000 with on target earnings at $115,000
The “Base Salary” range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position across all US locations. The determination of this anticipated Base Salary range involves the consideration of many factors in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: unique skill sets, experience, training, performance, licensure and certifications, as well as other business and organizational needs. Our anticipated Base Salary determination is just one component of Panorama’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual bonus or commission awards, equity awards, as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.