Sr. Manager of Field Sales
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston office, or a hybrid option.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Field Sales to lead and coach a team of Regional Sales Directors, selling to our largest district and state partners. This is a management role; you will manage and coach team members to help drive revenue growth for the company. We’re looking for someone who not only excels at coaching, but is also a strategic thinker who can assume responsibility for the new sales and expansion strategy for the team that supports our large school districts and state partners with all of Panorama’s products and services. This role will report directly to the Head of Field Sales.
Team leadership and coaching
- Support our Regional Sales Directors in executing the sales process by deeply understanding clients’ needs, building deep relationships with champions and decision makers within districts, developing territory strategies, meeting key performance indicators tied to new and expansion revenue, and educating potential and current clients about all of Panorama’s current and future products
- Coach and support each Regional Sales Director on your team, including holding regular one-on-ones; giving specific, targeted, and timely feedback; identifying opportunities for growth and development
- Support hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training for team members
- Support Regional Sales Directors with virtual and on-site client meetings, training, and executive-level presentations
- Manage and track revenue targets and performance metrics for your team overall and for Regional Sales Directors individually
- Demonstrated effectiveness advancing diversity, equity and inclusion; for example, through leading a diverse team to achieve desired outcomes, participation in equity-centered initiatives, and/or the use of intentionally inclusive strategies to promote career growth and development
Consistent revenue goal attainment
- Support Panorama’s revenue goal attainment by accurately forecasting, guiding the work of your team, and evolving processes for new and expansion sales
- Develop and direct strategy to increase Panorama’s footprint within assigned territories, coaching and setting strategy for discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panorama’s business
- Develop quarterly and annual paths to goal across your team and the territories of individual Regional Sales Directors
- Develop and maintain strong C-level relationships (Superintendents, Cabinet members) with clients as appropriate
- Build and improve processes with teams across Field Sales, Sales Development, Account Management, Marketing, Product, and Client Success functions to add value to sales strategy and execution
- Work closely with our Account Management, Marketing, and Revenue Operations teams to achieve revenue goals, along with creating proposals for compelling opportunities including RFPs
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 4+ years experience in Field Sales, preferably in SaaS
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Experience coaching and leading a team towards established operational goals such as revenue retention, revenue growth, and/or expansion targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, listen, negotiate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of education organizations, including State administrators and superintendents (via phone, email, and in-person)
- Strategic thinker with experience developing processes to support high-performing teams
- Demonstrated flexibility with shifting priorities and ability to balance the existence of clear systems and processes with the need to modify processes in the service of continuous improvement and the changing demands of a rapidly growing business
- Commitment to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team culture in service of employee and customer satisfaction and retention
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Preferred: Experience as an individual contributor and/or manager in edtech sales
- Preferred: Experience using Salesforce, Hubspot and other sales tools to develop revenue strategy
Base Salary: $135,000 with on target earnings of $225,000
The “Base Salary” range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position across all US locations. The determination of this anticipated Base Salary range involves the consideration of many factors in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: unique skill sets, experience, training, performance, licensure and certifications, as well as other business and organizational needs. Our anticipated Base Salary determination is just one component of Panorama’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual bonus or commission awards, equity awards, as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.