Regional Sales Director
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston office, or a hybrid option.
About the Role
We are looking for a Regional Sales Director to join our field sales team, leading our sales efforts within a regional portfolio of school districts serving 5,000 or more students. You’ll connect with district and state education administrators from around the country, learning about their most pressing strategic initiatives and challenges, and compel these leaders to partner with Panorama in support of their work. This is an important role for our growth and one that requires an interest in the K12 education space, confidence presenting in-person and virtually, and ability to build partnerships that lead to new clients.
- Manage a sales territory and assigned quota within a portfolio of school districts, each serving 5,000 or more students.
- Establish and maintain relationships with district and state education administrators across the country. Understand their strategic initiatives, challenges, and needs.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Panorama's tech education solutions and services to effectively communicate their value to potential clients.
- Confidently present Panorama's products and services both in-person and virtually to education leaders, showcasing how they address specific needs and challenges in K-12 education.
- Conduct thorough needs assessments with education administrators to identify their unique pain points and requirements, aligning Panorama's offerings accordingly.
- Build strong partnerships with district and state education administrators by demonstrating Panorama's commitment to supporting their educational missions.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to secure new clients within the target school districts, leveraging your understanding of the education landscape and Panorama's solutions.
- Maintain a well-organized sales pipeline, tracking progress and ensuring timely follow-up to move potential clients through the sales process.
- Stay updated on industry trends, competitor offerings, and changes in education policy to inform your sales approach and maintain a competitive edge.
- Collaborate with the sales team and leadership to develop and execute effective sales strategies tailored to the unique needs of each school district.
- Provide regular reports on sales activities, progress, and achievements, contributing to the company's growth and strategy discussions.
- Act as a conduit for customer feedback, ensuring that insights from the field are shared with the product and marketing teams to continually improve Panorama's offerings.
- Be willing to travel to meet with clients and attend relevant conferences and events, as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- At least 2 plus years in a closing sales role
- Ability to travel at least 25% in order to:
- Represent Panorama at relevant conferences
- Present at district meetings for large district opportunities
- Build relationships within districts within territory
- Demonstrated success as a top performer in a closing sales role (exceeding goals and quota) with a consultative sales mindset
- Experience presenting virtually and in-person across a variety of stakeholders
- Experience preparing client-facing materials (proposals, email communication, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to steer a conversation by pivoting quickly, overcoming objections, and solving problems in the moment
- Experience synthesizing information gathered through research and conversation, and connecting that information to potential solutions
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects with competing timelines at once
- Worked in a school or district office and have an understanding of the challenges faced by the classroom teacher, principals, and district administrators
- Proficiency in sales tools like Salesforce and Outreach.io
Base Salary: $90,750 with on target earnings of $165,000
The “Base Salary” range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position across all US locations. The determination of this anticipated Base Salary range involves the consideration of many factors in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: unique skill sets, experience, training, performance, licensure and certifications, as well as other business and organizational needs. Our anticipated Base Salary determination is just one component of Panorama’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual bonus or commission awards, equity awards, as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.