Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston office, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Proposal Specialist to join our Revenue team and support the proposal writing process from start to finish. You’ll gather the necessary materials and team members, write the content, facilitate the editing process, and submit the responses. Panorama responds to 50-60 Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from school districts and state education agencies each year, and we aim to increase that number as we build out our offerings. As we respond to more and more RFPs with proposals, you’ll work with the rest of the RFP team to create the knowledge management and systems that allow us to respond to RFPs with speed and quality, ultimately increasing our ability to impact more and more districts and students around the country.
- Co-own content-writing for Panorama’s responses to RFPs along with others on the RFP team
- Manage complex projects with tight timelines and multiple stakeholders
- Analyze incoming RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs to determine products required, level of effort, necessary team involvement, and any company requirements
- Partner cross-functionally with Client Experience, Engineering, Operations, Product, and Research teams to craft compelling, accurate responses that win proposals
- Ensure that our proposals are accurately compiled, printed, and bound according to specifications; ship and track final copies to ensure their timely delivery
- Coordinate preparation for presentations to districts and state education agencies that have invited us to demonstrate our products after evaluating our proposals
- Develop a scalable process and knowledge management system with others on the RFP team so that Panorama can respond to RFPs with increasing speed, including creating, updating and storing documentation and collateral (e.g., updating our RFP content library)
- Support Revenue team with content development for sales collateral, as needed
- Manage the completion of compliance forms and vendor questionnaires
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 2-5 years of experience writing technical proposals
- Strong writing ability and love for writing, particularly technical writing
- Excellent collaboration and project management skills
- Ability to communicate key information quickly and effectively at the “headline” and detail level
- Detail-oriented; comfortable following complex instructions and managing other people to deadlines; great proofreading and copyediting skills
- Ability to write persuasively about technical and business products and services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines (extra hours at times)
- Ability to work on multiple proposals simultaneously
- A passion for making an impact in education
- Experience with RFP management software (e.g. Loopio or equivalent)
- Experience with technical/proposal writing in education
Base Salary Range: $76,500 - 102,000 + variable compensation based on RFPs won
The “Base Salary” range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position across all US locations. The determination of this anticipated Base Salary range involves the consideration of many factors in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: unique skill sets, experience, training, performance, licensure and certifications, as well as other business and organizational needs. Our anticipated Base Salary determination is just one component of Panorama’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual bonus or commission awards, equity awards, as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.