Senior Account Manager
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston office, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
You must thrive in novel, high-stakes situations that require creativity and big-picture thinking. You will work closely with client buyers and decision-makers including superintendents of school districts and leaders of charter management organizations to ensure that Panorama’s value is being articulated and realized, ultimately leading to successful retention and growth across your accounts.
- Own the renewal cycle and retain clients across a portfolio of Panorama’s large districts (as measured by revenue). This includes renewals tied to school board approvals and disparate funding sources, along with understanding budget cycles and contract options preferred by our clients, including the structure of license fees and the timing of renewals.
- Increase footprint and business with existing clients, discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panorama’s business.
- Develop account plans, track key activities, and support overall account health across a portfolio.
- Collaborate closely with our Sales and Customer Experience teams to grow Panorama’s footprint and provide outstanding relationship management, functioning as a strategic partner for a portfolio of Panorama’s larger revenue clients.
- Travel approximately 20% of the time to facilitate partnership reviews, renewal conversations, client health interventions, and executive presentations.
What We’re Looking For
Excellent account management skills
- At least 2 years of experience in renewal-oriented account management; demonstrated track record of renewing accounts, upselling accounts, and building client relationships.
- Proven ability at developing account plans, leading strategy for client health interventions, and managing renewal cycles.
- Proven ability to manage a strategic portfolio, prioritizing accounts as necessary and communicating across external stakeholder groups with competing priorities.
- Experience developing strong relationships at the leadership levels of organizations.
- Excellent influencing, negotiation and presentation skills, particularly as they are aligned to client goals and needs in order to drive return on investment.
Thrives in fast-paced, team-oriented, cross-functional settings
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with project management and sales teams to retain business and drive expansion.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; flexibility with potential role changes as the team grows.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing asks while maintaining high-quality work.
Experience expertly navigating large organizations
- At least 2 years of professional experience working with large organizations; demonstrated knowledge of the inner-workings and politics of decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present the value of products and services, as well as influence credibly and effectively at all levels of large organizations, in particular with senior executive leaders and superintendents.
- Ability to use data to drive storytelling, particularly as it pertains to improving student outcomes and addressing issues of equity and access across school districts.
- Preferred experience in SaaS, Managed Services, or K-12 Education.
Base Salary: The base salary for this role is $110,400 with an on target earnings of $138,000
The “Base Salary” range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position across all US locations. The determination of this anticipated Base Salary range involves the consideration of many factors in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: unique skill sets, experience, training, performance, licensure and certifications, as well as other business and organizational needs. Our anticipated Base Salary determination is just one component of Panorama’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual bonus or commission awards, equity awards, as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.