Director of Product Marketing
At Shippo, we are the shipping layer of the internet, and we consider ourselves to be one of the core building blocks of e-commerce.
Our mission is to make merchants successful through world class shipping. With our products and solutions, we level the playing field by providing our customers with best-in-class solutions that otherwise wouldn’t be available to them. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, platforms and a variety of logistics infrastructure providers are able to connect to shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. We provide our customers with the most competitive shipping rates, print labels, automated international documents, shipment tracking, facilitate the returns process and more.
How we’ll deliver success:
We are looking for a hands-on Product Marketing leader to tell Shippo’s story to prospects, customers, and partners and to drive on-going commercial and product innovation. This role will develop deep customer empathy and commercial understanding of the Shippo business in order to own the creation of actionable personas and data-backed messaging hierarchies for all of Shippo’s target segments, including small businesses, ecommerce platforms, and carriers.
You will be a trusted thought partner to the Product, Sales, and BD teams, working together on jointly defining the strategy to drive product adoption. You will partner with our Segment and Performance Marketing teams to build GTM plans and iterate on messaging and tactics. You will need to become deeply familiar with our customers and their challenges, as well as how our products deliver on their promise.
Shipping & handling responsibilities:
- Customer empathy and competitive intel: Work internally and externally to understand our entire Shippo universe of customers and create well-defined personas. Be the voice of our customers internally to advocate for product features that solve their problems and marketing that captures their attention.
- Product Messaging: Define, communicate, and evangelize value propositions that differentiate Shippo’s offerings with SMBs, platforms partners, and carriers.
- Cross-functional coordination: Collaborate closely with Sales, Product Development, Marketing, and other internal partners. You’ll need to coordinate timelines, deliverables, and ensure alignment across multiple stakeholders.
- Research: Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to identify ways to make offerings, launches, and marketing efforts more impactful.
- Sales Enablement: As we grow our sales channel, you’ll craft content and conduct training to educate our sellers on how to best reach our target markets
- Reporting: Measure results across efforts and constantly find creative ways to maintain momentum and engagement
Do you tick the boxes?
- 10+ years of experience in technology product marketing and/or other relevant fields (such as general marketing or partner marketing); ideally at companies within e-commerce and logistics. Experience working in a hybrid (self-service and direct sales) business model is a plus.
- Product and market expertise: To succeed in this role, you’ll need to develop a deep understanding of e-commerce and shipping. Prior experience in a related field is a bonus, but we’ll ask you for examples of how you’ve mastered the intricacies of other businesses in your previous experience.
- Content, messaging, and storytelling chops: you will strategically build data-backed messaging hierarchies and tell an engaging and impactful story across all channels.
- Superior internal and external communication skills: You have the ability to prioritize and efficiently communicate marketing goals and results to diverse audiences including your direct team, executive leadership, and the company as a whole. You will also need to represent Shippo in external settings, such as partner meetings and joint webinars.
- Prior experience leading a team: You know what it takes to do PMM well and can bring along junior product marketers to greater levels of PMM excellence.
What's in the Shippo package?
- Healthcare coverage for medical, dental, and vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents). Pets coverage is also available!
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy & flexible work hours
- Two week-long company wide shutdowns during summer and winter
- 3 Volunteer Days Off (VTOs)
- WFH stipend to set up your home office
- Charity donation match up to $100
- Dedicated programs, coaching, tools, and resources for your professional and career growth as well as an individual learning stipend for your personal and focused growth
- Fun team meetups through our Shippos everywhere program that includes regular team and company off-sites throughout the year as well as gatherings with your local Shippos
Our Compensation Shippolicy:
Here at Shippo, we believe compensation is a custom experience and we are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The standard base pay range for this role is min $187k to a max $253k annual salary. We tend to anchor our pay in the middle of this range ($220k mid-point) with most offers that we make. Since we are focused on hiring Shippos Everywhere, we have 2 US pay ranges, a standard compensation range for the majority of the US and a standard +1 compensation range for those who live in areas where the cost of labor is higher, such as NYC and California.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as financial budgets, work experience, training, transferable skills, business needs, and market value. The base pay salary ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Total compensation for this role will include, equity, medical, dental, vision and other benefits noted in our Shippos “package” section.
Sail through the process:
Here at Shippo, we celebrate inclusivity and are committed to creating equal access to opportunities for people from all backgrounds, perspectives and geographies. These values define who we are and everything we do. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shippos in the wild:
Our people, much like the packages we help ship, are all over the world. This means, through our remote-first program, “Shippos Everywhere”, our roles can be based anywhere in the US with the exception of Delaware, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Hawaii, New Mexico and West Virginia and many roles can be based internationally.
For locations outside of the US and Ireland, the employment contracts are powered by Remote.com (all Shippo perks still apply - including equity!). What we want to emphasize is that you can be successful at Shippo regardless of location.
Something looks off?