Senior Program Manager
Here at Shippo, we are the shipping layer of the internet and we consider ourselves to be one of the core building blocks of e-commerce.
Our mission is to make merchants successful through world class shipping. With our products and solutions, we level the playing field by providing our customers with best-in-class solutions that otherwise wouldn’t be available to them. Through Shippo e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, platforms and a variety of logistics infrastructure providers are able to connect to shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. We provide our customers with the most competitive shipping rates, print labels, automated international documents, shipment tracking, facilitate the returns process and more.
How we’ll deliver success:
Shippo R&D is seeking a Senior Program Manager to support our Core Connectivity team. The Senior Program Manager is responsible for planning and releasing carrier integration enhancements and compliance updates, and building out scalable processes and technology to support Shippo’s expansion into new markets. The scope includes over 70 carrier integrations, packaged under a set of APIs which power shipping workflows for merchants everywhere. You will create, delegate, and track initiatives in partnership with our product and engineering teams, make difficult tradeoff decisions through a data-driven opportunity and risk assessment framework, and drive internal alignment for horizontal initiatives across vertical teams.
You will be a champion for our customers, both shippers and external developers who integrate to our APIs. Your strategy will be driven by customer empathy and business acumen. You will identify opportunities to optimize how we integrate carriers and improve the configurability of our platform and reduce the scope of repeated tasks.
What Success Looks Like
- You’ll solve real customer problems with big impact. You will make difficult prioritization decisions based on customer and business impact, known variables and unknown assumptions, and awareness of overall company strategy. You will develop a strong strategic view of the carrier integration program and ensure it is resourced effectively. You will develop a strong vision of which integrations we need to invest in, and how it will drive success for our business.
- Your teammates will rely on you to keep everyone aligned. You will leverage effective communication skills to align individuals of all levels at Shippo, across go to market, carrier partnerships, customer success, strategic partnerships, and our senior leadership team. For instance,
- You will negotiate and communicate priorities and risks to stakeholders.
- You will communicate customer problems, requirements, and desired outcomes to executing teams.
- You will engage deeply with your engineering partners to identify areas of optimization, whether through process or technology, and absorb those into your roadmap.
Shipping & handling responsibilities:
- Lead and be accountable for the portfolio of 70+ carrier integrations.
- Measure each carrier’s quality against an objective set of metrics, identify gaps, and feed that data into your prioritization.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop label, rating, tracking, and invoicing implementations for new and existing carriers.
- Intake requests from multiple stakeholder groups and dig into customer impact analysis to identify winning initiatives.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables. Manage the project timeline, budget, and resources.
- Maintain a roadmap and project plan and report on schedule and status. Highlight risks and identify mitigation paths.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to build high quality, scalable solutions.
- Develop repeatable processes for executing all types of work for carrier integration lifecycle.
- Understand and own the shipping domain. Empathize deeply with merchants to understand their challenges. Model out how merchants are shipping goods to consumers. Contextualize those insights to determine the most important problems worth solving.
- Understand how we offer our services as a SaaS platform. Empathize deeply with developers to understand their integration challenges. Contextualize those insights to determine the most important problems worth solving.
Do you tick the boxes?
- Bachelor's Degree AND 5+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- 3+ years experience with cross-team alignment, project management.
- Technical background in SaaS technologies, API products, and bespoke integrations.
- Experience with eCommerce order fulfillment a plus.
- Experience with parcel carrier integrations a plus.
What's in the Shippo package?
- Healthcare coverage for medical, dental, and vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents). Pets coverage is also available!
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy & flexible work hours
- 3 Volunteer Days Off (VTOs)
- WFH stipend to set up your home office
- Charity donation match up to $100
- Dedicated programs, coaching, tools, and resources for your professional and career growth as well as an individual learning stipend for your personal and focused growth
- Fun team meetups through our Shippos everywhere program that includes regular team and company off-sites throughout the year as well as gatherings with your local Shippos
Sail through the process:
Here at Shippo, we celebrate inclusivity and are committed to creating equal access to opportunities for people from all backgrounds, perspectives and geographies. These values define who we are and everything we do. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Compensation Shippolicy:
We believe compensation is a custom experience and are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The standard base pay range for this role is min $134k to a max $182k annual salary. We tend to anchor our pay in the middle of this range with most offers that we make. Since we are focused on hiring Shippos Everywhere, we have 2 US pay ranges, a standard compensation range for the majority of the US and a standard +1 compensation range for those who live in areas where the cost of labor is higher, such as NYC and California.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: financial budgets, work experience, training, transferable skills, business needs, and market value. The base pay salary ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Total compensation for this role will include, equity, medical, dental, vision and other benefits noted in our Shippos “package” section.
Shippos in the wild:
Our people, much like the packages we help ship, are all over the world. This means, through our remote-first program, “Shippos Everywhere”, our roles can be based anywhere in the US with the exception of Delaware, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Hawaii, New Mexico and West Virginia and many roles can be based internationally.
For locations outside of the US and Ireland, the employment contracts are powered by Remote.com (all Shippo perks still apply - including equity!). What we want to emphasize is that you can be successful at Shippo regardless of location.