Senior Manager, Strategic Carrier Partnerships
Before you read on, take a look around you. Everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times before reaching its destination. Global ecommerce sales are expected to total $5.5 trillion worldwide in 2022 and continue growing over the next few years. Here at Shippo, we are the shipping layer of the internet and we consider ourselves to be one of the core building blocks of e-commerce.
Our mission is to make merchants successful through world class shipping. With our products and solutions, we level the playing field by providing our customers with best-in-class solutions that otherwise wouldn’t be available to them. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. We provide our customers with the most competitive shipping rates, print labels, automated international documents, shipment tracking, facilitate the returns process and more.
How we’ll deliver success:
Shippo’s core value proposition is providing e-commerce merchants with access to 50+ domestic and international shipping carriers through a single API, upon which we build and monetize different value-added services (label purchase, order management & fulfillment, insurance, stc.). Our global network of shipping carriers is therefore a crucial part of our success. We are looking for a Senior Manager, Strategic Carrier Partnerships to lead and execute a long-term carrier strategy and optimize existing carrier relationships. The ideal candidate brings a novel, forward-looking approach to problem-solving that is rooted in a track record of delivering high impact work at the intersection of technology, commerce and logistics. This role is highly cross-functional in nature and a key part of the role will be to influence & drive internal alignment on various initiatives.
Shipping & handling responsibilities:
- Lead the Partnership Strategy with key top national US Carriers, forming true strategic partnerships that accelerate the carrier partners’ tech roadmap and access to Shippo merchants/ platforms.
- Lead negotiations with high value carriers in the US to deliver mutually beneficial and commercially attractive master service agreements and other models.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to design, plan, develop, and implement new product offerings to carriers.
- Identify and implement internal / external process improvements.
- Evolve our engagement focus over time from transactional dealmaking towards strategic partner management and relationship growth.
- Innovate continuously on business models, engagement principles and product offering for carriers.
Do you tick the boxes?
- 7+ years of experience at high-growth tech companies – ideally at the intersection of e-commerce and logistics.
- Effective negotiation and closing skills in deals involving multiple stakeholders with ability to persevere through long and complex deal processes.
- Experience with working in a highly cross-functional environment, influencing stakeholders, independently leading complex key initiatives and delivering on tight timelines.
- Expertise in and knowledge of the global landscape of parcel shipping carriers.
What's in the Shippo package?
- Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents. Pets coverage is also available!
- Flexible time off policy and work arrangements
- Two x one week company shutdowns
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- Annual personal development learning stipend
- Charity donation match up to $100
- We offer up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all birthing and non-birthing parents.
Sail through the process:
Here at Shippo, we celebrate inclusivity and are committed to creating equal access to opportunities for people from all backgrounds, perspectives and geographies. These values define who we are and everything we do. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Compensation Shippolicy:
We believe compensation is a custom experience and are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The standard base pay range for this role is min $143k to a max $194k annual salary. We tend to anchor our pay in the middle of this range with most offers that we make. Since we are focused on hiring Shippos Everywhere, we have 2 US pay ranges, a standard compensation range for the majority of the US and a standard +1 compensation range for those who live in areas where the cost of labor is higher, such as NYC and California.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: financial budgets, work experience, training, transferable skills, business needs, and market value. The base pay salary ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Total compensation for this role will include, equity, medical, dental, vision and other benefits noted in our Shippos “package” section.
Shippos in the wild:
Our people, much like the packages we help ship, are all over the world. This means, through our remote-first program, “Shippos Everywhere”, our roles can be based anywhere in the US with the exception of Delaware, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Hawaii, New Mexico and West Virginia and many roles can be based internationally.
For locations outside of the US and Ireland, the employment contracts are powered by Remote.com (all Shippo perks still apply - including equity!). What we want to emphasize is that you can be successful at Shippo regardless of location.