Product Engineering Manager
Who We Are
The Stensul Email Creation Platform™ dramatically reduces email creation time - by up to 90% - so teams can better focus on improving email performance. Stensul makes this possible by streamlining the collaboration process and simplifying email creation for all marketers, so they can create high-performing emails that drive stronger results. Stensul integrates with all leading ESPs/MAPs, including Marketo, Oracle Eloqua, Adobe Campaign, Pardot, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and workflow platforms, image libraries, live content, link tracking, and messaging platforms. Top brands that trust Stensul to solve their most demanding email problems include ASICS, BMW, Cisco, CircleCI, Codecademy, Equifax, FullStory, Lucidworks, MURAL, and Yahoo.
As a Product Engineering Manager at Stensul you will lead and grow high-performance engineering teams and collaborate to grow the whole Engineering area to develop the best collaborative content creation platform in the world.
- Expand our product engineering teams' capacity and capabilities by attracting, adding, developing and retaining exceptional talent.
- Coach engineers and peers in being successful company members, making sure they are motivated, engaged and challenged.
- Lead and promote discussions and agreements within the team and across teams ensuring alignment with business needs, strategy and goals.
- Guide the team to build and mature impactful solutions which solve real customer needs and drive business growth. Focusing on outcomes rather than output and developing a holistic view on the teams.
- Ensure the timely delivery of the team's created artifacts and solutions into the mainstream of the Engineering Team's overall output.
- Ensure processes are followed, effective technical feasibility analysis is conducted and engineers are directly involved in conversations with users.
- Be an active member of the Engineering Managers team, contributing to develop our strong culture, structure, processes, cross team synchronization, technical planning and up leveling the whole Engineering area.
- Create an environment of psychological safety, respect and trust, providing guidance and advice: be there for the engineers and peers as you learn together.
- Develop an agile engineering culture centered around quality, technical sustainability and continuous improvement being both essential and a responsibility of the whole team.
- Partner with Product Managers, Product Designers, Go To Market and other functions to ensure the team's alignment and understanding of business needs and impact, enabling effective cross functional collaboration.
- Provide transparency on the team's initiatives, opportunities, challenges and learnings.
- Take a hands-on approach when the situation demands.
- You are resident in Argentina and have availability to be in Buenos Aires at least once a month.
- You have 5+ years leading and deeply caring for your engineering team, solving complex problems that demand the best performance.
- You have 7+ years of experience shipping high quality software.
- You have a strong customer oriented mindset.
- You have advanced oral and written English skills.
- Great relationship builder with an appreciative inquiry approach.
- Solid knowledge of high level software design concepts, architecture and quality.
- Embodies transformational leadership and talent multiplier.
- Live Stensul’s core values: Learning Agile, Team Players, Garra, and Above & Beyond.
- Data analysis skills for making informed decisions.
- Ability to handle competing priorities under pressure with temperance.
- A great sense of humor (we sure do!).
Bonus points for having
- Experience in iterative and incremental development cycles.
- Experience in implementing DORA metrics.
- Experience in development of modern content creation platforms.
- A competitive compensation package that includes equity
- Company laptop and phone reimbursement.
- Lots of room to own the role and implement new technologies that contribute to increasing the efficiency of the area.
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in a way that suits you best
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture
- Being a part of an amazing, inclusive team that lives by our shared values and is committed to building the next phase of Stensul
- Open to hiring in our Buenos Aires offices, or to work remotely with your commitment to meet the teams in our BA office regularly.