Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Sunnyside is the #1 platform for mindful drinking.
Nearly one in three US adults are categorized as excessive drinkers, yet fewer than 1% get help to improve their drinking habits. We know why.
There's a huge gap in the alcohol health market for the millions of consumers who enjoy drinking and have no desire to quit entirely, yet could nonetheless benefit from building a healthier relationship with alcohol.
Sunnyside fills this gap with a digital therapeutic proven to help anyone who regularly drinks improve their overall health and wellness by changing their relationship with alcohol. We take a differentiated approach by focusing on moderation and mindfulness rather than complete sobriety, providing a much-needed alternative for the millions of adults looking to cut back.
We've got a rapidly growing base of highly engaged paying customers, a vibrant member community, best-in-class engagement and strong retention. And we're just getting started.
Just as Calm built a billion dollar business by opening a new popular wellness category around proactive mental health, we'll do the same for alcohol-related wellness.
We're well funded by top investors including Uncork Capital, Adjacent VC, Nir Eyal, Mike Lee (founder of MyFitnessPal), and James Park (founder of Fitbit) We're perfectly positioned to establish ourselves as the category leader in the growing mindful drinking space. Help us make it happen.
About the role
We’re seeking a passionate and data-driven Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager to elevate and own key areas of the customer journey that rely heavily on email, sms, and communications. We’ve managed to stand up the foundations of funnel drop-off campaigns, product activation, monetization, and more, but now we need someone with a playbook of technical know-how and proven strategies to take things to the next level.
This role will work closely with the growth and product teams and report to the Chief Growth Officer. We’re still a relatively small, flat organization, so we’re hiring you to own and execute your area of the business. If you like getting things done, this role is for you.
Your success won’t be measured by how many messages you send, but by how much incremental revenue you can help Sunnyside achieve, while maintaining our the incredible product experience that our members are obsessed with.
In addition to building consumer-facing communications, the Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager will also report on campaign metrics, make actionable recommendations based on data, and partner closely with cross functional and Braze partners to create delightful customer experiences.
You're scrappy and entrepreneurial, with a get sh** done attitude. You thrive in ambiguity and love inventing novel solutions that push the envelope in pursuit of rapid growth and improved unit economics. You're excited to work heads-down to do whatever it takes to grow, but also looking forward to stepping back and helping lay the strategic foundation for our growth into the future.
You have a strong opinion and a proven playbook for scaling and optimizing lifecycle marketing. You’ll be able to walk us through very specific examples of your past success and share ideas for taking Sunnyside to the next level.
You must be willing and able to work in a fast-paced environment. We’re still a startup and expect everyone we hire to match or exceed our work ethic. This is going to be a fast-paced, exciting, fulfilling role which could grow into something quite significant.
We're a mission-driven company with a passion for this space and looking to build a team that can build deep empathy for our users and is genuinely excited for the problem we're solving.
- Create, develop and oversee all lifecycle marketing strategy, focused on quarterly business goals and driving improvements in conversion, AOV and LTV.
- Own the the technical implementation of all lifecycle communications (email, sms, in-app, push) powered through Braze, our lifecycle/CRM platform. We already have quite a strong skillset in Braze, so you’ll need to work hard to become the go-to expert.
- Improve conversion rates in various critical areas of the customer lifecycle, including (but not limited to) funnel-drop off, cart abandon, trial to paid, and initial product activation. These efforts will be directly tied to decreased customer acquisition costs, increased revenue, and overall improved unit economics.
- Turn our large email database into a revenue center by owning the nurturing experience end-to-end. Segmentation, personalization, and testing are just the start. This list is growing, and represents a potential big benefit to the business through optimization and ownership.
- Help the growth team put a lead generation machine in place for driving top-of-funnel interest and revenue. We have the early pieces in place, but need someone to apply a playbook for success.
- Own analytics of the lifecycle marketing strategy and regularly report on progress
- Contribute to forecasting strategy adjustments to ensure revenue targets are hit
- You’ll fully own the creative and development processes
- Proven playbook for success that you can walk us through in detail
- Expert-level technical skillset with Braze (or similar modern marketing automation platform), including dynamic logic, deep personalization, complex Canvas builds, behavioral triggered campaigns
- Ability to at least manipulate HTML emails, and at best code them
- Ability to launch and report on tests end-to-end
- Strong grasp of lifecycle marketing analytics and ability to report on them
- Ability to take a concept from idea to execution on your own
- Solid understanding of growth/lifecycle tactics that are proven to work, but also ability to formulate new, exciting ideas for the projects at hand
- A sense of urgency and excitement. You’ll execute a new experiment in a single day not an entire week if the timing works.
- Ability to wireframe/concept your ideas for review
- Ability to see the forest through the trees. Growth hacks are exciting, but steady improvements to conversion, AOV and LTV are how we scale this business. You can balance both.
- It’s always a bonus if you familiarize yourself with Sunnyside so you have real experience with the product and the lifecycle communications that we currently send.
- A personal note or cover letter isn’t required, but *very* encouraged
- Try Sunnyside at https://www.sunnyside.co
- Read reviews on [t](https://www.trustpilot.com/review/cutbackcoach.com)he [App Store](https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sunnyside-alcohol-tracker/id1593489083?see-all=reviews)