Product Engineerat Tailscale
Tailscale builds software that makes it easy to connect and secure devices, no matter where they are. Every day, banks and multinational companies use Tailscale to protect their corporate networks. Hobbyists and start-ups trust Tailscale to collaborate and share access to tooling. We're building a future for the Internet that's easy, small and safe, like it used to be. Founded in 2019 and fully distributed, we're backed by Accel, HeavyBit, and Uncork Capital.
We're seeking a talented and motivated full-time Product Engineer to join our growing team. You will work as part of the User Growth engineering team to:
- Develop the Tailscale product, contributing to client code and backend services.
- Take ownership of the entire product lifecycle, from writing code to product ideation and strategic decision-making.
- Work closely with UX/UI designers and product managers to shape features.
Because we’re an early-stage and fully remote company, we’re looking for a motivated individual who can help move the product forward. The ability to think on your feet, collaborate with highly technical teams, and be comfortable working asynchronously are essential.
- Cross-functional teamwork: Collaborate with designers, PMs, and other engineers
- Product ideation: Contribute creative ideas for product features
- Code client & backend: Develop Tailscale product features collaboratively
- Code reviews: Conduct and participate in the code review process
- Continuous improvement: Enhance product quality and maintainability
- Product strategy: Influence roadmap with technical insights
- Prototyping: Create technical prototypes for potential features
- Use feedback: Incorporate user feedback and insights into the development process
- Strong track record of working with a product mindset and influencing product strategy
- Experience with backend and client development
- User-focused design and problem-solving abilities
- Cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to give and process constructive feedback, as well as work independently
- Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup
- Adaptable development and iterative mindset
- Previous experience in Golang will make ramping up quicker
What We Offer
- An inclusive, flexible environment where you can be your authentic self. We recognize the impact diverse voices and backgrounds have on the growth of our people, our product, and our company. And that flexibility in how and when you work empowers our team to balance work and life.
- A competitive total compensation package. This includes base salary and an equity incentive plan.
- Comprehensive group benefits with no waiting period. Take advantage of coverage for health, vision, dental, and more for you and your family!
- Remote-first with the opportunity to work from anywhere—enjoy a change of scenery wherever you can get wifi and join our company retreats with fellow Tailscalars!
- Support for your personal and professional development. Grow your career thoughtfully with $1500 USD annually for professional development, leverage our conference budget to learn from experts in your field, or take advantage of mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- Paid time off and a healthy work-life balance. Take advantage of 4 weeks of vacation each year, uncapped sick time when you need it, and support for any situation life throws your way!
- A build-your-own home office setup. You choose your own company-owned laptop (MAC or PC), receive a monthly home internet reimbursement, and $1000 USD to customize your workstation to make it your own.
- Generous parental leave program from your first day. We care about your life outside of work and encourage new parents to take advantage of parental leave top-ups for up to 26 weeks.