The Lobby (fromthelobby.com) – a new “QVC-meets-Tiktok” video shopping startup that lets you watch & shop with your favorite influencers – is seeking a Warehouse Manager.
About the opportunity
As a lean, fast-growing startup, we are looking for a super reliable Warehouse Manager to run our San Francisco warehouse, overseeing day-to-day operations, order fulfillment and a growing team of employees.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly ambitious candidate who is looking for an exciting challenge with tons of ownership. As our Warehouse Manager you’ll not only be able to get hands-on experience growing the operations of a startup, but you’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to other parts of the business – including product, engineering and operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Manage and run our SF warehouse, including:
- Liaising with cross-functional teams to set weekly goals for processing inventory, fulfillment and returns
- Overseeing inventory intake, order fulfillment, returns processing to ensure all orders are shipped out promptly (in under 24 hours) and weekly goals are met
- Managing multiple hourly employees working on all of the above
- Keeping the warehouse organized, clean and stocked to maximize efficiency
- Serve as go-to person for facilities related questions and concerns (as needed)Work closely with product/engineering to improve our warehouse tooling & processes
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our operations/customer ordering systems
- Propose improvements to drive greater efficiencyOversee reporting and metrics
- Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels, and adjustments
- Perform regular analysis to predict potential inventory problems and respond to customer trendsRecruit and train new, hourly employees (as needed)
You are hungry for a challenge, willing to roll up your sleeves, and do the wide array of tasks that will be thrown your way. Specifically, we’d love you to be:
- Detail-oriented. Way beyond crossing t’s and dotting i's, you are painfully detailed in your work ensuring that each piece is always executed with high quality
- Process-focused. Designing it, following it, teaching it, managing it
- A lover of data. From basic data entry, data management, and data processing, to data analysis and reporting
- A problem solver. Unafraid of complex situations and owning/learning from your mistakes
- Dependable. During this critical stage of growth, we need you to do what you say you’ll do, when you said you’d do it, and be there for the team 100%!
- 3-5 years work experience, specifically in warehouse or fulfillment operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to regularly lift, bend and/or move objects 20-50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand 6 or more hours per day
- Positive work history and ability to maintain consistent attendance
- Available to work extended hours during peak business periods
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and agreement to follow our established warehouse safety protocols
A bit more about us
At The Lobby, our mission is to bridge the gap between online and offline shopping to become the go-to shopping destination for fashion-forward Millennials and Gen Z-ers.
Launched in September 2020, our next-gen video shopping platform is like a shoppable TikTok that allows you to discover, learn about and buy products — via shoppable videos created by your favorite influencers.
Although we are a small team, we’re growing fast, and have been featured in Business Insider, Glamour, Business of Fashion, Vogue Business and Forbes. We’re backed by First Round Capital, Uncork Capital, SV Angel and other top e-commerce investors (including early investors in Pinterest, Refinery29, Cuyana and The RealReal).
*The Lobby is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.