Business Development Representative (BDR)
Torii is a fast-growing, VC-funded startup in the new category of SaaS Management. We’re fortunate to be backed by top-notch VCs and to have a stellar customer roster including companies such as Twitch, Delivery Hero, Pipedrive, and Typeform. We’re aiming to be the market leader in our nascent category by helping IT leaders solve new and growing challenges their companies face managing SaaS applications and internal tools.
About the role
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Torii, you will work closely with the Sales & Marketing Teams to build a qualified pipeline for the business by identifying target prospects through a variety of online research methods. You will perform analysis of inbound and outbound prospects’ business and engage with these prospects by phone and/or email/other strategic platforms.
The purpose of this outreach will be to set up introductory calls with target influencers and decision makers. In turn, your job is to make sure a majority of these calls become qualified opportunities for Torii Account Executives.
In order to do this job well, the Business Development Representative must be analytical, metrics driven, and able to identify business challenges and articulate the Torii value proposition to prospects. Your professional judgement will allow you to carry on a conversation with C-Level and VP level executives at mid-sized and Fortune 500 organizations.
How You Will Ramp:
By Day 30...
- You’ll have completed the Business Development Representative training program where you’ll learn about Toriis values and culture, get equipped with various sales techniques and gain a basic understanding of Torii’s SaaS Management Platform, the competition, and the transformational outcomes we help customers achieve across ALL industries
- You’ll work through qualifying leads to begin having meaningful conversations with prospects, start prospecting into accounts, and working with leadership to ensure you have a strong foundation to continue building upon after day 30.
- You will book your first qualified call
- You’ll craft a strategic account penetration plan for your book of business along with creating new campaigns for leads and begin actively driving new opportunities
- You’ll strengthen your skills and product knowledge with regular one on one coaching
- You’ll achieve 50% of a fully ramped quota
- You’ll be an integral part of the sales team and essential to its revenue success.
- You’ll have a firm grasp on sales best practices and be able to on-board and help train new starters
- You’ll achieve 100% of a fully ramped quota
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have a demonstrated track record of success in effectively developing and managing outbound/inbound pipeline, preferably at a SaaS company
- You’ve created high-quality campaigns and engaged potential customers
- You are a trusted resource and have developed relationships with prospective customers
- You thrive in a high growth environment where you are a primary source for prospect feedback
- You’ve taken a “no” and turned it into a “yes.”
- You have experience with "cold" outreach into strategic accounts / contacts
What You'll Love About Us!
- You will be part of the Sales Development team at Torii, breaking new ground on a white-hot new category that every single IT person in the world needs
- You will be part of a dynamic team and have the privilege to work for a company that is building the infrastructure of the future.
- Our product is used internationally by companies like Stash, Palo Alto Networks, Instacart, and many others!
Torii is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Torii does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.
Something looks off?