Software Engineer Java Spring
UserGems helps companies generate more revenue by identifying buyers who will most likely buy from them. Leveraging artificial intelligence, UserGems combines relationship data with trigger events to surface the most relevant buyers for each customer. We’ve raised $20M Series A from investors including Craft Ventures, Uncork Capital, Battery Ventures, and Tiger Global.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build new products and scale our platform.
What is UserGems
We monitor a company’s existing customer list for job changes and alert their sales teams whenever someone moves to a new company.
Each month, our customers get a list of people they should reach out to – identified and ranked by our proprietary algorithm. This algorithm combines thousands of data points to generate the best possible prospecting list, uniquely tailored to them.
Example: Jared was using AWS when he worked at Hooli. Now that he’s working at Pied Piper, he could be interested in using AWS again. We’ll alert AWS’ sales team of Jared’s job change. Jared already knows AWS and might be interested to hear what AWS has to offer for Pied Piper.
What our customers say
UserGems is the type of tool that I've been looking for quite a while. The key is to reach out to your alumni customers at the right time - UserGems helps us achieve that at scale.”
Steve Jones, VP of Demand Generation at UserTesting
"UserGems delivers true, concrete ROI on day one. It has turned out to be one of the most valuable solutions we have added to our go-to-market tech stack in the last two years."
Ben Loeffler-Little, former Head of Sales at Periscope Data
Find more at https://www.usergems.com/customers
This is a career-defining role: Be part of a fast-growing startup as it scales from 20 to 100 employees -- your work and responsibility will grow with it.
We know that you are planning your career for the long run – and we’ll support you better than any other company would:
- We’re hiring you for future leadership positions at UserGems
- We’re willing to pay high salaries for top talent
- You will work directly with the Head of Engineering and will have regular meetings with the Co-Founder / CTO
- We will provide you with Engineering Mentorship by seasoned Silicon Valley Mentors (www.platohq.com)
- You will learn how startups are run, what works and what doesn’t – if you ever plan to do your own startup, this is your chance to learn it from the inside
- In addition, if you decide to do your own startup, we’ll make a recommendation to the top Silicon Valley investor (Y Combinator)
As a Senior Software Engineer
- You will play a key role in the engineering team in the backend development of our products.
- You will be proposing, owning, designing, and implementing solutions to improve the stability, quality, and reliability of systems.
- You will have a full understanding of our tech stack, development philosophies and workflows and make changes as needed.
- You will design and build software primarily in Java and MySQL.
Our tech stack
- Java Spring to implement our workers and our Microservices
- Kubernetes to host our services
- Docker to build our workers
- A typed OOP code base
- OpenAPI to provide data to the frontend
- Azure managed MySQL for data storage
- RabbitMQ for micro service communication
- Graylog for log management
- Asana for agile development process
- BitBucket as VCS
- You love coding, that is why you have developed personal projects in the past.
- You are proactive and like to take responsibility.
- You have a degree in computer science or similar.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- You breathe Clean Code and you like test cases.
- You have a passion for working with technology products and solving customer needs.
- You thrive in fast-paced, high-performance environments while working in a team.
How to apply
Engineering is a top priority at UserGems. Please reach out to James Henton, our Technical Talent Lead, at email@example.com with your CV or Linkedin Url and the role you’re interested in.