Senior Director, Customer Success
At Vidyard, we make life easier for sellers, marketers and corporate communicators. Our video messaging tools, digital sales room platform, and other products are used by Microsoft, LinkedIn, and thousands of other companies. We're passionate about elevating our customers, our teammates, our communities, and ourselves.
About the Role
Vidyard is looking for a Director of Customer Success to join our Customer Success team. Reporting to the COO, you will take the lead over a team that includes four key pillars: Customer Success Management, Technical Services, Contract Renewal Specialists and Launch Services. These teams work together closely to execute programs, processes, and playbooks that enable our customers to become successful. You will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive adoption, retention, and advocacy across all of our users, while also influencing future lifetime value through adoption, user satisfaction and overall health.
This is a remote role open to candidates located in Canada.
What You’ll Work On
- Driving adoption, retention and value delivery across all customers
- Influencing future lifetime value through adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health
- Directly managing a team of Customer Success Executives, Strategic Technical Account Managers, and Contract Renewal Specialists (~10 professionals)
- Recruiting, coaching, developing, and driving a high performing team
- Developing company-wide customer success motions that integrate processes, content and date to/from stakeholder organizations (Marketing, Sales, Product/Engineering)
- Assessing, prioritizing, and innovating new programs to ensure our customers are adopting, using and seeing value from the Vidyard product
- Constantly experimenting to improve outcomes and efficiency, making timely decisions and implementing strategies to drive customer success
- Setting goals, action plans, playbooks, and key metrics for CSE teams in different customer tiers with different levels of customer touch; managing against and creating new standardized playbooks and interventions for each point in the customer journey
- Monitoring key customer success metrics, analyzing data, and generating reports to track and communicate progress to senior leadership
- Leading strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journeys, maturity models, voice-of-customer, and product feedback
- Building strong relationships and collaborating cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing and Product to drive market readiness, sales handoffs, customer marketing, training actions, services deployment, and effective support to drive a seamless customer experience that matches customer value to investment tier
- Owning accurate forecasting, account assignments and bandwidth management processes
- Regularly engaging with customers to build relationships, expand empathy, and resolve issues of escalation
- Building relationships and advocacy with senior roles inside of our customers
- Employing a strong strategic vision to evolve CSE programs toward a tailored, best-in-class experience for larger and more strategic customers
- Hiring and retaining above-the-mean, consultative talent
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- 7+ years of team management experience within customer/account management; consulting experience is a big plus
- Proven experience in leading a successful CSE team in a growth-oriented environment
- Experience driving new and expansion sales
- Expert level problem solving skills and the ability to develop strategies and translate them into initiatives while tracking their successful delivery
- Strong process orientation, with a total-system mindset and experience rolling out global processes and programs; Playbook and Totango experience is a plus
- Strong perspective rooted in professional experience, paired with a willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach
- Curiosity and willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, and adapt; the flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past.
- Results-driven leadership with an emphasis on execution; not afraid to dig into the details with the front-line team
- Empathetic approach to leadership with a desire to build a world-class CSM organization within the constraints of a responsibly managed business; including attracting, developing and retaining “above-the-mean” talent
Job descriptions can be overwhelming. At Vidyard we are motivated to drive change together and deeply value the unique experiences, abilities and opinions you possess, so if this role sounds like your next adventure, but you don’t feel entirely qualified, apply! We value candidates who own it, and if you’re relentlessly resourceful too, you might be exactly who we are looking for.
As we also value user obsession, we prioritize our users, customers and community so you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love about Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what's important to you
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
- Home office stipend
- Flexibility to work in the place that brings out your best: whether you thrive in the comfort of your home office, or are local to, and prefer the energy of our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, there is flexibility for all. Although we default to remote-first there will be occasional in-person meetings/events purposefully designed for connection and collaboration.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes from Agencies will not be accepted.