Staff Software Developer
Vidyard is the video platform that's built for business. Sales reps, marketers, and corporate communicators use Vidyard to record and share videos that grab attention and deliver their message in a personal, impactful way. It's the video tool of choice for Microsoft, LinkedIn, and thousands of other companies. We're passionate about elevating our customers, our teammates, our communities, and ourselves.
About the Role
Vidyard is looking for a Staff Software Developer to join our Development team. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Software Development, you’ll work with a cross functional team consisting of developers, designers and product managers to solve customer problems and deliver amazing software.
This is a remote role open to candidates located in Canada
About the Team
This Staff Software Developer will support two of our Product teams: Idea Labs: Prospector and Idea Labs: Nova. These two teams focus on new, experimental products within the Vidyard product portfolio which target uncharted territory beyond Vidyard’s core product scope. These teams tend to work on projects which include high usage of third party AI systems such as OpenAI’s ChatGPT, and are always looking for new emerging tools & technologies to give us a competitive edge!
Idea Labs Prospector is currently focusing on building an AI powered customer acquisition tool centered around email outreach, while Idea Labs Nova is focusing on a similar goal with their product - they’re using AI to build a customer acquisition tool, but their current focus is around video generation!
What You’ll Work On
- Designing, building and scaling distributed systems.
- Leading architecture design + documentation for upcoming projects.
- Building observability + resilience around third-party integrations.
- Setting up Automated Testing (unit, integration, e2e).
- Dealing with authentication/authorization/security within distributed systems.
- Delivering software with an Iterative approach, experience running experiments & updating designs/deliverables based on results .
- Implementation of monitoring/alerting, using feedback loops to understand system performance.
- Supporting and collaborating with a cross functional team consisting of developers, designers and product managers to solve customer problems and deliver amazing software.
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing across all levels of development.
- Contributing code to projects, reviewing and testing code while ensuring security standards are at the forefront of development.
- Designing and architecting core services; developing internal tools and maintaining repositories.
- Mastering our large areas of relevant codebase to provide technical leadership to the teams that work in those areas.
- Pushing large technical initiatives forward and thinking strategically about our platform.
- Learning and applying new technologies to relentlessly drive developers, and our platform, forward!
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your Team
- A solid background in software engineering—you have had 10+ years of experience building scalable web products.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and a recognition that action is sometimes the best path to discovery.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills—you strive for clarity and understanding, and you can navigate discussions around risks and tradeoffs.
- The desire to drive improvements to our standards of quality, reliability, and performance.
- Lean thinking and an experimental, metrics-driven mindset.
- Eagerness to knowledge share among other senior - staff level developers and provide mentorship to all developers across the organization.
- You can break down complex problems rigorously and understand the tradeoffs necessary to deliver great, impactful solutions.
Technical Skills We’re Targeting:
Job descriptions can be overwhelming. At Vidyard we are motivated to drive change together and deeply value the unique experiences, abilities and opinions you possess, so if this role sounds like your next adventure, but you don’t feel entirely qualified, apply! We value candidates who own it, and if you’re relentlessly resourceful too, you might be exactly who we are looking for.
As we also value user obsession, we prioritize our users, customers and community so you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love about Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what's important to you
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
- Home office stipend
- Flexibility to work in the place that brings out your best: whether you thrive in the comfort of your home office, or are local to, and prefer the energy of our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, there is flexibility for all. Although we default to remote-first, there will be occasional in-person meetings/events purposefully designed for connection and collaboration.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes from Agencies will not be accepted.