Senior Manager, Customer Support
Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to child care providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable child care providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
As the Senior Manager, Customer Support, you’ll be a leader on the Wonderschool Customer Support Team that directly engages with and supports Wonderschool’s program directors, enrolled parents, and other potential customers. It is your primary concern to ensure that all customers are getting the attention and high-quality support they need to resolve their inquiries and issues quickly. Our Customer Support Team will be expanding in the coming months, and it will be your job to serve as a role model and exemplar for efficient and effective customer support on complex issues that our Tier 1 team escalates to our Tier 2 team.
- Lead our Tier 2 team of Customer Support Specialists and guide them in assisting customers that are facing higher level, complex product and operational issues being escalated by Tier 1.
- Assist high-value customers directly via email tickets, phone calls, and texts to support enrollment, billing, technical, and business support issues on tight timelines with exceptional customer service.
- Ensure the Support Team creates repeatable priority customer issues before engaging with development and provide a path to recreating in-house.
- Ensure issues are bucketed in categories; present the most impactful categories to product managers and the development team for next steps.
- Collaborate on a daily basis across teams with our Engineering, Product, and Customer Success teams to understand customer needs and work towards quick resolutions of customer issues.
- Hold team members accountable for SLAs and work with the Director of Customer Support to figure out better support escalation processes and strategies if SLAs are not met.
- Handle sensitive customer information in a professional manner and generate recurring data reports to analyze support team progress with the Director of Customer Support.
- Conduct product research and create or update customer-facing guides and related content for Wonderschool’s Help Center when new product features are released.
- A strong desire to join a mission-focused company working to expand child care across the United States.
- A background of at least 2-3 years in customer service or support, preferably in a lead or manager role.
- A high level of customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal. Wonderschool works with a variety of customers with different backgrounds and needs, so patience and empathy are mandatory.
- A problem-solving mentality. If you love to dig in, strategize, and solve complex problems, this is the role for you!
- The ability to be proactive and think on your feet. The support team thrives with members who are always looking for ways to help customers and work quickly to provide answers.
- Good time management and organization skills. No two days are necessarily the same in this role as new customer issues and/or product updates are happening frequently, so the ability to prioritize your work and not let things slip is crucial.
- Previous experience working in education or a related field with parents, families, or childcare providers is strongly preferred, but not required.
What We Offer:
Wonderschool provides the wage ranges it reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for all remote roles and as otherwise required by applicable law. The expected range of starting pay for this role is $110,000 annually. Actual compensation may vary within the listed range based on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, experience, and specific geographic location.
Additionally, Wonderschool offers a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Health benefits offer up to 100% coverage for employee premiums and up to 80% for dependents
- Wi-Fi, Employee Wellness, and co-working space reimbursements are offered to all employees
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.