Senior Software Engineer - Data, Quality & Test Automation
What we do:
Zefr is the global leader in brand suitability targeting and measurement across the world's largest platforms. Zefr’s technology is helping to power the age of responsible marketing by putting advertisers in control of their content adjacencies based on their own unique brand safety and suitability preferences, mapped to the Global Alliance of Responsible Media's (GARM) industry standards. As an official YouTube Measurement Program Partner, Meta for Business Partner, and TikTok for Business Partner, the company leverages patented machine learning and AI technology (Cognition AI) to offer brands and agencies more precise and transparent brand safety and suitability activation and measurement solutions on scaled platforms. Zefr prioritizes the quality of its sprawling data assets above all else, as it affects the precision of our products. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, with additional locations across the globe.
Join our team and contribute to the success of our organization by ensuring the highest standards of data quality. If you are looking to make a difference, thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and have a passion for data quality, we want to talk to you!
Zefr is hiring!
We are looking for a talented and experienced software engineer to develop test automation and tooling for our advanced and growing infrastructure. Being the leader in contextual targeting for enterprise-level ad campaigns, Zefr is in continual demand for innovative test automation to match innovative products.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Lead software development of our API service integration testing suite using Python and Kotlin
- Lead integration of testing stages into our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) pipeline
- Develop performance, security, and reliability testing suites
- Collaborate with a team of QA, test, and data engineers with code review, testing strategy and philosophy
Here's what we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science and 4+ years of experience in related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A quick learner that can adapt to and tackle new technologies
- Extensive experience with Python, Java/Kotlin
- Extensive experience with functional testing and automation frameworks (Pytest, Gradle)
- Extensive experience with cloud web services and deployment infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes, EKS, Spinnaker)
- A team player that is capable of mentoring teammates of varying technical skill
- Must be comfortable with agile approach to development
- Must be comfortable working with a remote development team
- Experience with event-streaming architecture and distributed computing is a plus (Microservice systems, Kafka)
- Experience with digital media, social media, and video APIs (YouTube, Facebook data APIs) is a plus
Zefr is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives because we know this only makes us better. We strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, persons with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications.
Benefits (for US based employees):
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with FSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with company match
- Professional development opportunities
- 14+ paid holidays off
- In-office, hybrid, and fully-remote work options available
- Shorter work days every other Friday
- In-office lunches and lots of free food
- Optional in-person and virtual events (we like to celebrate!)
Compensation (for US based employees):
The anticipated base salary for this position is between $150,000 and $170,000. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. If your compensation expectations fall outside of this range, it may still be worth having a conversation.