Director of Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
Craft is on a mission to illuminate the path to global supply chain resilience. We empower businesses to strengthen their supplier networks and supply chains with the industry's most trusted and comprehensive data fabric and advanced risk mitigation engine. Our easy-to-use platform provides 360-degree visibility to quickly explore and evaluate supplier networks, AI-driven insights to detect and mitigate disruptions, and collaborative tools to optimize supply chain strategies. With Craft, procurement and supply chain professionals from commercial and governmental organizations can confidently navigate regulatory environments, uphold ethics, and drive business continuity.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors including Greycroft, Uncork, High Alpha, ServiceNow Ventures, Sam Palmisano, Freddy Kerrest, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with headquarters in San Francisco and an office in London. We have team members across North America and Europe. We are looking for curious, intelligent, collaborative people from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about building delightful software and creating a world connected by resilient, sustainable, intelligent supply chains to join our rapidly growing team!
A Note to Candidates:
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, caste, or disability status.
About the Role:
Craft is looking for a Product Marketing Director with experience in taking to market Enterprise SaaS solutions, ideally in the supply chain or risk management space.
This individual will be responsible for all aspects of product marketing, including: market opportunity and requirements, messaging, positioning, product collateral and videos, customer case studies, sales enablement, demos, competitive analysis, pricing, packaging, and interacting with Analysts, Press, customers, and partners.
This individual will collaborate with the product team around product launches and future product direction, and with the sales team on demand generation, product positioning/messaging, GTM, customer journey and sales enablement. They will help define and execute demand generation/awareness campaigns in partnership with the growth/digital marketing team.
We are looking for out of the box thinkers who are passionate about building and delivering next generation software/Cloud services that will push the boundaries on what is possible to empower sustainable, ethical and resilient global supply chains.
What You'll Do
- Drive the efforts to define marketing strategy, messaging framework and GTM strategy
- Work with sales on persona based messaging, defining customer journey, customer facing decks, sales plays, sales enablement
- Create product collateral, case studies, and demo/product videos
- Work with Demand Gen to create demand generation integrated programs
- Provide subject matter expertise and logistical support for events and webinars
- Maintain website content and expand to support new segments, use cases, personas and product launches
- Manage product launches with relevant marketing content, GTM, sales enablement, PR and communications, and be able to explain why new functionality is unique and will help customers
- Partner with product team to deliver market/product requirements and overall market opportunity
- Research and stay up to speed on competition and the overall market and apply to battlecards, objective handling, and other sales enablement content.
- Help create and maintain analyst relations and strategically engage with analysts
- Collaborate with marketing communications for our PR and thought leadership strategy
- Work with partners to create unique and differentiated GTM strategies
- Be a spokesperson with customers, partners, the press, and industry analysts
- Recruit great talent and be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard
- Hire and lead a team of product marketers
Who You Are
- MBA preferred and BA/BS degree required
- At least 5 years experience in Enterprise/SaaS Software
- Domain expertise in any of the following: supply chain or procurement functions, risk solutions, and/or the following industries; manufacturing, aerospace & defense, or fed gov
- Technical understanding of SaaS, AI, Alerts, data-driven solutions
- Strong people management skills and experience
- Extremely organized and meticulous
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with creating business outcome based messaging
- Experience launching Cloud/SaaS solutionsStrong presentation and spokesperson skills
- Enthusiasm for a fast-growing, fast-changing, start up environment
- Can think big, strategic, and outside of the box
- Has the ability to create comprehensive product marketing plans and successfully execute against a defined set of KPIs
- A self starter, quick learner and likes to dig deep
- Enjoys a cross functional set of responsibilities and collaboration
- Strong product skills: the ability to learn new products and evaluate them in the competitive environment
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary starting at $170,000 USD/Year. This number can be increased based on levels of expertise, location, cost of living, taxes, market experience, etc.
- Meaningful equity stake at a well-funded, fast-growing startup with an attractive strike price relative to stage of maturity
- Unlimited Vacation time so you can take what you need, when you need it
- 99% Covered Health + Dental + Vision insurance for employees and dependents
- 401K through Human Interest with options to invest how you want it
- $200 Monthly Wellness/Learning stipend (Gym memberships, meals, snacks, books, classes, conferences, etc.)