Senior Threat Detection Engineer
Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We’re building the best product for the entertainment industry but operate in a 50B market and have big goals we want to achieve. With over 130M USD raised from Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn’t a better time to join!
The Opportunity -Senior Threat Detection Engineer - (Remote - USA / CANADA)
Wrapbook is seeking an experienced Threat Detection Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating threat modeling sessions and table top exercises, as well as expanding our detection rules. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills, is a good presenter and able to think strategically.
What you’ll do:
- Detect anomalies within a custom application by developing SIEM rules
- Facilitate threat modeling sessions to identify potential security threats and vulnerabilities in our applications.
- Organize and facilitate table top exercises to simulate cyber-attacks and test the company's response plan.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including developers, product owners, and security professionals to ensure that security is integrated throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security technologies, trends, and best practices.
- Use the intelligence gathered from threat modeling and table top exercises to facilitate a bug-bounty program and penetration-testing
- Use the outcomes of the bug-bounty and penetration-testing to measure the effectiveness of threat modeling, and threat detection rules
What you’ll have:
- Prior experience as a Threat or warning analyst, Cyber defense analyst, or any professions related to those two
- Ideas on how to detect violations of the OWASP Top 10
- Desirable - Ability to read and write code (any language)
Why Join Us
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Up to $1500 towards IT set up for your home
- Up to 4% matching RRSP / 401K
- Learning and Development Allowance
- $150 Monthly Life Style Benefits
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Base Salary Range: $160,000 - $200,000 (This is not inclusive of any bonus, commission, benefits or equity that might exist in your total compensation package.)
Wrapbook employs individuals across the United States and Canada, and this salary range spans multiple geographic zones based on market benchmark data. Your zone is dependent on where you live. Please discuss with your Talent Partner at Wrapbook to get further details on your zone-specific pay range.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!
Something looks off?