VP of People
Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We're building the best product for the entertainment industry, a 50B market, and have big goals we want to achieve. With over 130M USD raised from Tiger Global Management, Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn't a better time to join!
The Opportunity - VP of People
The Vice President of People at Wrapbook is a critical leadership role responsible for shaping and implementing the people and talent strategy. You will play a pivotal role in attracting, developing, and retaining top talent, fostering a positive and inclusive company culture, and ensuring our employees thrive in a remote work environment.
What you’ll do:
Talent Acquisition and Recruitment:
- Oversee the end-to-end recruitment process, from job postings to onboarding.
- Develop and maintain a strong employer brand to attract the best candidates.
Employee Development and Training:
- Ensure employees have access to resources and opportunities for career growth.
- Support managers in talent development and succession planning.
- Continue to manage Lattice, our performance management system, that aligns with company objectives.
- Collaborate with leadership to set performance goals and provide constructive feedback to employees.
- Implement performance improvement plans as necessary.
Employee Engagement and Culture:
- Cultivate a remote work culture that is inclusive, vibrant, and celebrates diversity.
- Organize virtual team-building activities and initiatives to enhance employee engagement.
- Address employee concerns and proactively work to resolve issues.
HR Compliance and Policy Management:
- Ensure company compliance with all federal, state, provincial and local employment laws.
- Update and maintain HR policies and procedures to reflect best practices and evolving remote work standards.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Collaborate with leadership to design competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- Manage and optimize employee benefits programs, including healthcare, 401K / RRSP plans, and more.
Data and Analytics:
- Utilize data-driven insights to make informed decisions and improve HR processes.
- Regularly report on key HR metrics to the executive team.
What you’ll have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- 8+ years of progressive People leadership experience in fast-paced and innovative environments.
- Strong understanding of remote work dynamics and best practices.
- Demonstrated success in building and implementing talent development programs.
- Excellent knowledge of HR laws and regulations across North America.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Professional HR certifications (e.g., SHRM, HRCI, CHRP) preferred.
Why Join Us
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- Up to $1500 towards IT set up for your home
- Up to 2% matching RRSP / 401K
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Up to $50 USD/ $66.50 CAD towards Internet/Cell phone service
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Base Salary Range: $250,000 - $330,000 (This is not inclusive of any bonus, commission, benefits or equity that might exist in your total compensation package.)
Wrapbook employs individuals across the United States and Canada, and this salary range spans multiple geographic zones based on market benchmark data. Your zone is dependent on where you live. Please discuss with your Talent Partner at Wrapbook to get further details on your zone-specific pay range.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!