Engineering Manager II
Wrapbook is a smart, intuitive platform that makes production payroll and accounting easier, faster, and more secure. We provide a unified payroll platform that seamlessly connects your entire team—production, accounting, cast, and crew—all in one place. Wrapbook empowers production teams to manage projects, pay cast and crew, track expenses, and generate data-driven insights, while enabling workers to manage timecards, track pay, and onboard to new projects from any device. Wrapbook brings clarity and dependability to production payroll, while increasing the productivity of your whole team.
Trusted by companies of all sizes, Wrapbook powers payroll for some of the industry’s top production companies, including SMUGGLER, Tuff, and GhostRobot. Our growing team of 250+ people across the USA and Canada, including entertainment and technology experts from SAG-AFTRA, DGA, IATSE, Teamsters, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, and more. Wrapbook is backed by top-tier investors, including Jeffrey Katzenberg’s WndrCo, Andreessen Horowitz, and A* Capital. We have raised $130M and are in a strong financial position.
The Opportunity – Engineering Manager (Remote - USA / CANADA)
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will play an influential role in driving our mission to build an outstanding technology company. As an Engineering Manager, you will leverage your established technical know-how and commitment to individual growth to build high-performance teams that will be successful in delivering products. Your extraordinary technology skills will help you guide your teams through complex and ambiguous environments towards simple and elegant implementations.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills allow you to effectively influence an organization. You will also be responsible for building technical roadmaps with the team based on new problem spaces and greenfield business opportunities.
What you'll Do:
- Building high quality and fault tolerant products along with an inclusive team environment
- Work on problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Work with product, Labor Relations, Payroll Specialists and other disciplines to understand and support union and non-union agreements in the Entertainment space
- Be a technical influencer across the company and empower your team to do their best work
- Provide technical direction through technical design reviews, and pair programming
- Grow the team both through internal development and helping with external hiring
- Advocate for quick iterative development accompanied by experimentation analysis
What you’ll Have:
- Over 1 year of proven leadership skills and management experience
- Technical expertise in one or more relevant areas, particularly the design, implementation and maintenance of web services and/or infrastructure
- Proven ability to lead complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience building and successfully growing development teams
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- Experience designing and developing backend systems
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile team
Our Tech Stack:
- Full stack Ruby on Rails (Frontend & Backend)
Why Join Us:
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- Up to $1500 towards IT set up for your home
- Up to 2% matching RRSP / 401K
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Up to $50 USD/ $66.50 CAD towards Internet/Cell phone service
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Base Salary Range: $174,000 - $267,000 (This is not inclusive of any bonus, commission, benefits or equity that might exist in your total compensation package.)
Wrapbook employs individuals across the United States and Canada, and this salary range spans multiple geographic zones based on market benchmark data. Your zone is dependent on where you live. Please discuss with your Talent Partner at Wrapbook to get further details on your zone-specific pay range.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!