Sr. Union Paymaster I
Wrapbook is a smart, intuitive platform that makes production payroll and accounting easier, faster, and more secure. We provide a unified payroll platform that seamlessly connects your entire team—production, accounting, cast, and crew—all in one place. Wrapbook empowers production teams to manage projects, pay cast and crew, track expenses, and generate data-driven insights, while enabling workers to manage timecards, track pay, and onboard to new projects from any device. Wrapbook brings clarity and dependability to production payroll, while increasing the productivity of your whole team.
Trusted by companies of all sizes, Wrapbook powers payroll for some of the industry’s top production companies, including SMUGGLER, Tuff, and GhostRobot. Our growing team of 250+ people across the USA and Canada, including entertainment and technology experts from SAG-AFTRA, DGA, IATSE, Teamsters, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, and more. Wrapbook is backed by top-tier investors, including Jeffrey Katzenberg’s WndrCo, Andreessen Horowitz, and A* Capital. We have raised $130M and are in a strong financial position.
The Opportunity - Sr. Union Paymaster I - (Remote - USA / CANADA)
We're seeking a results-driven Sr. Union Paymaster to join our expanding Union Operations team. The ideal candidate should be customer-centric, highly motivated, well-versed in entertainment payroll union regulations, and possess excellent organizational skills to manage multiple crucial initiatives simultaneously.
What you’ll Do:
- Process incoming union payroll, which includes a mix of verifying system calculations and hand breaking timecards following all applicable Federal, State, and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Accountable and responsible for assisting and servicing clients in regards to payroll production, answering pertinent questions, and problem-solving in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Set the standard for payroll processing service levels for quantity, quality and accuracy.
- Partner with the product team to evolve the product to meet our external customers needs.
- Partner with the manager and team lead to check payrolls to ensure accuracy before releasing payrolls for some projects.
- Stay up-to-date with industry standards and union contracts and interpretations
- Ensure detailed notes are included in all systems and other teams can follow the current state of the payroll.
- Understand how their work impacts the remittance team and are constantly working to improve processes so the two teams work as efficiently as possible.
- Exceeds core responsibilities with payroll processing timelines, quality and accuracy.
- Provide suggestions to leaders on how the team can improve and work more efficiently.
- Maintain 95% or better payroll processing accuracy
- Follow documented standard operating procedures
- Stay within stated processing times for payrolls
What you’ll Have:
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the entertainment payroll industry.
- Clear understanding of all entertainment payroll collective bargaining agreements.
- Excellent oral and written communication ability
- Ability to work towards the team and individual goals
- The ability to hand break time cards
- Must exhibit a sense of urgency concerning client servicing
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent PC skills
- Flexibility to shift priorities as needed to service the team’s clients
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, products, practices, and financial arrangement
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal oriented and people oriented
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate workload and client needs.
- The ability to approach challenges from a user perspective while being pragmatic and solutions orientated.
- Positive, can-do attitude and are always willing to jump in and help the team
- Seen as leader on the team in productivity metrics, quality, attitude, attention to detail and willingness to take on more.
Why Join Us
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- Up to $1500 towards IT set up for your home
- Up to 2% matching RRSP / 401K
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Up to $50 USD/ $66.50 CAD towards Internet/Cell phone service
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Base Salary Range: $92,000 - $144,000 (This is not inclusive of any bonus, commission, benefits or equity that might exist in your total compensation package.)
Wrapbook employs individuals across the United States and Canada, and this salary range spans multiple geographic zones based on market benchmark data. Your zone is dependent on where you live. Please discuss with your Talent Partner at Wrapbook to get further details on your zone-specific pay range.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!