Senior Software Engineer I
Wrapbook is a smart, intuitive platform that makes production payroll and accounting easier, faster, and more secure. We provide a unified payroll platform that seamlessly connects your entire team—production, accounting, cast, and crew—all in one place. Wrapbook empowers production teams to manage projects, pay cast and crew, track expenses, and generate data-driven insights, while enabling workers to manage timecards, track pay, and onboard to new projects from any device. Wrapbook brings clarity and dependability to production payroll, while increasing the productivity of your whole team.
Trusted by companies of all sizes, Wrapbook powers payroll for some of the industry’s top production companies, including SMUGGLER, Tuff, and GhostRobot. Our growing team of 250+ people across the USA and Canada, including entertainment and technology experts from SAG-AFTRA, DGA, IATSE, Teamsters, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, and more. Wrapbook is backed by top-tier investors, including Jeffrey Katzenberg’s WndrCo, Andreessen Horowitz, and A* Capital. We have raised $130M and are in a strong financial position.
The Opportunity - Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails (Remote - USA / CANADA)
Wrapbook is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails Engineer) who will play a hands-on role in driving our mission to build an outstanding technology company. You will be working as part of a cross-functional team, driving our core features from start to finish.
The Production Accounting group at Wrapbook owns a suite of cost-management and accounting tools used by film and television clients. Production Accountants can manage purchase orders, track actuals against their budget, and pay vendors with a click—all in real time, all in one place.
What you'll Do:
- Collaborate with other developers, designers and product managers to provide elegant solutions to Wrapbook customer problems
- Break down complex problems and ambiguous requirements into small approachable tasks
- Take ownership of feature delivery from concept to production
- Write performant, scalable, and secure software
- Review and have your code reviewed. Mentoring and learning from other developers
- Ensure code is well-tested and well-architected
- Actively improve our tools, processes and best practices
What you’ll Have:
- You have a strong technical background and experience building production web applications
- You understand how to write, analyze and optimize SQL queries (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- You are customer-focused and like to pay attention to detail and value quality
- You have experience building Ruby on Rails applications and APIs
- Experience with Accounting is a bonus
Our Tech Stack:
- Full stack Ruby on Rails (Frontend & Backend)
Why Join Us
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- Up to $1500 towards IT set up for your home
- Up to 2% matching RRSP / 401K
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Up to $50 USD/ $66.50 CAD towards Internet/Cell phone service
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Base Salary Range: $148,000 - $227,000 USD (This is not inclusive of any bonus, commission, benefits or equity that might exist in your total compensation package.)
Wrapbook employs individuals across the United States and Canada, and this salary range spans multiple geographic zones based on market benchmark data. Your zone is dependent on where you live. Please discuss with your Talent Partner at Wrapbook to get further details on your zone-specific pay range.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!